General Physical Education (G7 – G12)
Physical Education (PE) is a unique subject that provides comprehensive learning opportunities for students to improve both their physical and psychological capabilities through different physical activities. We provide a safe and active environment for children to become active, creative, collaborative, sociable and competitive, and to face different challenges as individuals and in groups or teams.
- Students will improve their physical fitness and sports skills, and enhance the overall health conditions.
- Students will establish desirable social attitudes and patterns of behaviour such as fair play and good sportsmanship.
- Students will understand the essentials of co-operating with others in communal life and foster their sense of responsibility and belonging.
- Students will cultivate their sense of aesthetic appreciation and enrich their knowledge of elegant posture and movements.
- Students will develop interest and desirable attitudes towards physical activities and will be encouraged to take part in sports, physical training and recreational activities actively and regularly.
|G7||Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Gymnastics, Softball||Learn the rules and skills of different sports|
|G8||Athletics, Rope skipping, Soccer, Table tennis, Volleyball||Learn the rules and skills of different sports|
|G9||Athletics, Basketball, Gymnastics, Handball, Lacrosse, Rugby||Learn the rules and skills of different sports; enhance collaboration through group performance|
|G10||Athletics, Badminton, Rugby, Rope skipping (Performance), Volleyball||Enhance the tactical concepts in each sport|
|G11||Athletics, Basketball, Handball, Soccer, Table tennis, Yoga||Enhance the tactical concepts in each sport|
|G12||Athletics, Ball games, Latin Dance, Frisbee, Sports climbing||Enjoy different newly-introduced and challenging sports|
*For GCE class only
School-based Fitness Program
|Fitness Tests||Facilities||Learning Expectations|
|Sit & reach||
||Maintain good flexibility and range of motion|
|Sit up||Improve muscular endurance|
|Handgrip strength||Improve muscular strength|
|9-minute run/Standing Long Jump||Improve aerobic capabilities/power|
Progressive expectations are set for each test across G7-12, for continuous improvement, as well as the establishment of an active lifestyle and habits of having regular exercise for good health.
HKDSE PE (G10-G12)
The HKDSE PE curriculum covers the syllabus of Physical Education in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education:
A. Theory Part (60%):
Part I: Physical Education, Sports, Recreation, Leisure and Wellness, History and Recent Development
Part II: Human Body
Part III: Movement Analysis
Part IV: Fitness and Nutrition for Health and Performance in Physical Activities
Part V: Physiological Basis for Exercise and Sports Training
Part VI: Sports Injuries, Treatment and Precautions
Part VII: Psychological Skills for PE, Sports and Recreation
Part VIII: Social Aspects of PE, Sports and Recreation
Part IX: Sports and Recreation Management
B. Practical Examination (40%):
1. Attainment in TWO physical activities:
Students have to select one physical activity from each of the following two categories:
(i) Badminton, basketball, football, handball, table tennis, volleyball; and
(ii) Athletics, gymnastics, swimming.
2. Attainment in physical fitness test and performance in planning, implementation and evaluation of an individualised physical fitness enhancement programme:
|Sit reach||Sit & reach|
|Sit up||Sit up|
|Pull up||Flexed arm hang|
|1609m Run||1609m Run|