- To enable students to understand the Earth they inhabit, to recognize and interpret, from a spatial perspective, the arrangement of phenomena and features on Earth, the processes at work, the interactions that occur, the changes that result, and the issues and management responses that arise.
- To develop students’ general intellectual capacity and generic skills needed for lifelong learning through geographical enquiry, and the ability to apply these in life situations.
- To enable students to appreciate the wonder, interdependence and fragility of the local and global environment, and the importance of promoting sustainable development.
- To develop students’ sense of citizenship, global outlook, and readiness to take actions for the betterment of society, the nation and the world.
Who are suitable to study Geography?
- Nature lover
- With a passion to make our Earth a better place to live
- Enjoy outings and being outgoing
- Responsible (towards ourselves & the world)
- Willing to walk (tremendous walking in field studies)
|Fieldwork + Spatial Data Enquiry (Should be infused in the learning and teaching of the Compulsory and Elective Parts)|
Highlights of Academic Activities
The key highlight of the Geography curriculum is the field trips. Learning outside the classroom is so fruitful and interesting.
For the studies of the fluvial (river) and coastal processes and landscapes, we had been to the Bride’s Pool in Tai Po and Cheung Chau respectively.
We had also successfully applied for the courses organized by the Caritas Chan Chun Ha Field Studies Center and Ho Koon Nature Education cum Astronomical Centre for our students.
To know more about the history of our Earth and the geography of Hong Kong, the best place to go must be the Hong Kong UNESCO Global Geopark. Students are encouraged to join the activities organized by other institutions as well.
Apart from the natural landscapes, agricultural, industrial and urban developments are also the core elements of our curriculum. Field studies and visits in various places of Hong Kong have been conducted to consolidate the knowledge learnt in lessons. Interactive learning activities are to be planned to arouse students’ interest in the subject.