Middle School Programmes
In order to cater for the developmental and learning needs of our students at the early adolescence stage, on the basis of our through-train system, we provide a self-developed middle school programme for all students from Grade 5 to Grade 8 that mainly aims at strengthening their knowledge foundation, building a positive character, and developing them into self-directed learners.
Our middle school programme covers a wide range of areas in teaching and learning, student development and other learning experiences:
- Close alignment of curriculum and assessment policies and practices in all key learning areas across primary and secondary levels
- Close alignment of school expectations on students’ attitudes and behaviours
- 21st Century Classrooms, that can facilitate class interaction and e-learning with a more flexible setting and advanced IT equipment
- Full implementation of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy
- Mastering a third language (French, German, Japanese or Spanish) other than Chinese (including Putonghua) and English
- Formal curriculum for STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) education
- Cultivation of positive character traits and values (such as self-confidence, responsibility, perseverance, empathy, civic-mindedness) through a variety of special programmes (such as life education, A-Journal, Big-Brother-Big Sister Scheme, celebrity talks, community service)
- Development of essential soft skills (such as communication, collaboration, problem solving, creativity, leadership, information literacy and cross-cultural interaction) through a variety of special programmes (such as public speaking, project-based learning, mountaineering, outward bound training, school teams, local/overseas excursions and exchange)
- Early adaptation to secondary school life through a variety of bridging programmes (such as Mock School Day, cross-division school team training, whole-school events, lunching at secondary school canteen)
After going through the 4-year middle school programme, we firmly believe our students will be well equipped with a broad and solid knowledge foundation, high self-esteem and a positive outlook on their future, thus preparing them to move on seamlessly to the next learning stage, High School, where they will continue to strive for excellence and pursue their dreams.