The Integrated Science curriculum provides science-related learning experiences that develop students’ interest in science and lay a foundation for their studies of various science curricula at the senior secondary level. It also focuses on the development of scientific literacy for living in and contributing towards a scientific and technological world.
The aims of the Integrated Science curriculum are to enable students to:
- develop curiosity and interest in science;
- acquire fundamental scientific knowledge and skills, and appreciate the relationship between science and other disciplines;
- develop the ability to make scientific investigation and solve problems;
- use the language of science to communicate science-related ideas;
- develop a basic understanding of the nature of science;
- develop the ability to integrate and apply scientific knowledge and skills with other related disciplines;
- recognise the social, ethical, economic, environmental and technological implications of science, and develop an attitude of responsible citizenship and a commitment to promote personal and community health;
- be prepared for further studies in STEAM-related disciplines; and
- become lifelong learners in science for personal development.
|G7 & G8||G9|
The curriculum at Grade 9 allows students to be more specialised in different fields of science. Students can have an overview of the NSS and IGCSE curricula, so as to make informed decisions on subject choice and prepare better for their further studies.
Highlights of Academic Activities
G7 Life Wide Learning Day
This year, the Grade 7 students visited the Hong Kong Wetland Park on their Life Wide Learning Day. To further enhance the learning experience of students, our Science Department has used an e-learning platform, Seppo, to promote game-based learning. Students were required to go to different check points and answer the questions designed. The more the check points they could finish, the higher score they could have. During the two-hour visit, students participated actively in the competition and learn a lot through the journey.
Science Day in STEAM Week
A science gala organized every year in A-School. Games and explanatory demonstrations will be arranged at the atrium to develop students’ curiosity and interest. Inter-Chamber STEAM Quiz and Animal Show will be held throughout the week.
Crime Scene Investigation Workshop
An interesting workshop to connect science with their future career. Understanding how scientific investigation and related skills could be applied to a crime scene.
Budding Scientist Award Competition
Students are encouraged to learn out of their box, including studying more advanced phenomena in Science as well as to apply what they have learnt.
- Certificate of Appreciation – The Hong Kong Budding Scientists Award (2019)
- Honorable Mention – The Hong Kong Budding Scientists Award (2018)
- International Junior Science Olympiad – Hong Kong Screening
|First Class Honour||Second Class Honour||Third Class Honour|