Application for Grade 7 to Grade 10 Mid-year Admission
Application for Grade 7 to Grade 10 (Secondary 1 to Secondary 4) Mid-year Admission (School Year 2020-2021)
Secondary School Updates
We accept Grade 7 – Grade 10 (Secondary 1 to Secondary 4) admission application from Admission written test and interview will be arranged for shortlisted candidates when vacancies become available. Applicants will be invited for the written test through telephone. Applicants who do not receive any notice two weeks after submitting the submission would be classified as unsuccessful.
1. Application Method
Arrangement for 2020-21 Grade 7 – Grade 10 Mid-year Admission
For parents who would like to apply for Grade 7 – Grade 10 places for the academic year 2020-2021, please complete the application form through the link below and submit the required documents simultaneously.
|1. Complete application & upload necessary documents||Download the Application Form||
|2. Written test announcement||Not Applicable||
|3. Interview announcement||Not Applicable||
|4. Announcement of final application result||Not Applicable||
2. Selection Procedures
Please note that spaces are very competitive in the Secondary Division, and hence not all applicants will be invited for the written test and interview. Eligible candidates will be invited for the written test and interview when vacancies become available. Applicants who are invited for the written test are required to submit $50 (cash) application fee on the day of the written test.
Candidates will be required to sit for an admission assessment of Chinese Language (exempted for GCE A-level applicants), English Language and Mathematics.
N.B. Students should bring HKID card, stationery and HKEAA approved calculator for the assessment.
3. Confirmation of Enrollment
Successful applicants will be notified by telephone. Parents are required to register on the due date to secure the school place.
4. Scholarship / Financial Assistance
Needy students, including those from families receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance and those receiving financial assistance provided by the Student Finance Office, could apply and be eligible for school fee remission. Besides, we welcome students who have noteworthy performance in sports, music, performing arts, visual arts, services, leadership or academic excellence to apply for our scholarship. The application forms and details of our Scholarship and Financial Assistance Schemes can be found on our school website (http://www.hkbuas.edu.hk). Hard copies of application forms and related information are also available at our school office. If you would like to apply for your child, please submit the application form and other related documents on the day of registration.
5. Subjects offered for Senior Grades
Subject offered in Grade 10
|Compulsory Subjects||Chinese Language, English Language, Mathematics, Liberal Studies & General PE|
|Block 1||Biology / Chemistry / Economics / History / BAFS-Accounting / ICT / Visual Arts|
|Block 2||Biology / Physics / Literature in English / Geography / BAFS-Business / Physical Education|
|Block 3||Physics / Chemistry / Economics / Chinese History|
Subject offered in Grade 11 – 12 (For GCE A-Level ONLY)
|Compulsory Subjects||Chinese Language1, English Language1 & General PE|
|Block 1||Physics / Economics|
|Block 2||Chemistry / Business Studies|
|Block 3||Biology / Accounting|
- School-based curriculums will be adopted for Chinese Language and English Language. Students are required to attempt the examination of IGCSE Chinese Language and the IELTS test in Grade 11.
- All students are strongly advised to take GCE AS-level Mathematics in Grade 11 and opt to pursue GCE A-level Mathematics in Grade 12 according to their ability and needs. Thus, students are required to take IGCSE Additional Mathematics as an extra elective subject in Grade 10 to lay the foundation for GCE AS-level Mathematics.
Data Privacy Notice
- All private data related to the Admission Process is handled in full compliance of all HK laws, ordinances, and EDB guidelines
- All the information submitted in the Application Form and other attachments will be used only for the admissions purposes. All admission data of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after the admission process is completed.
- Documents submitted for the Admission Process will not be returned.
Should you have any enquiries, please contact us at 2636 7332 (Admission Office) 2637 2270 (Secondary School)